What are the benefits of a good night’s sleep on your appearance & beauty?
Even while you’re sleeping, you’re getting plenty accomplished…at least, in terms of health and beauty. Adequate sleep is one of nature’s most powerful beauty treatments. There’s no surprise that many hair, face, skin and body products are most effective overnight. This is because they penetrate better when you’re sleeping. If you aren’t getting enough sleep, you are missing out on these health and beauty benefits.
- Less Wrinkles: Skin makes new collagen when you sleep, which prevents sagging. More collagen means skin is more firm and less likely to wrinkle. Poor sleep also decreases moisture levels, which makes your skin look less youthful.
- A Glowing Complexion: Your skin gets better blood flow while you sleep and lowers the pH levels. A lower pH level means you wake with a healthy glow. Poor sleep can actually make your complexion dull.
- Brighter, Less Puffy Eyes: One of the most common skincare complaints are bags and dark circles under the eyes. A good night’s sleep goes a long way to minimizing this issue.
- Healthy Hair: Hair loss, breakage, damage and even growth can all be affected by lack of sleep. Hair follicles (where hair growth begins) gain nutrients, vitamins and minerals from blood flow and this increases during sleep and leads to healthier hair.
- Healthy Appearance: Poor sleep affects your mood and ability to handle stress and this affects your appearance.
If you or a loved one is struggling with adequate sleep and it is harming their physical appearance, we can help. If any of this sounds like you or a loved one, please contact us today via the short form below or call us at (913) 203-4040.