Excellhealth Sleep Center has a number of diagnostic sleep testing tools available to help us treat you. These include:
Home Sleep Testing: This study tool that is used for the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea. Home sleep testing is also called an ‘Unattended Sleep Study’. This helps measure the following biologic parameters:
* Nasal and oral airflow
* Based on the device used we can do sleep staging or respiratory effort monitoring in sleep
* Oxygen levels in the blood while sleeping
In Lab Sleep Testing: This sleep study, also known as a polysomnogram, records your brain waves, heartbeats and breathing as you sleep. It also charts your eye movements, limb movements and oxygen in your blood. This data will help us make a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. This allows us to:
* Test for sleep-related breathing disorders including sleep apnea
* Evaluate behaviors during sleep due to parasomnias
* Diagnose narcolepsy or hypersomnia
* Calibrate the levels of continuous positive airway pressure in patients who receive CPAP therapy for sleep related breathing disorders.
Sleep Diaries/Logs: A sleep diary is a record of an individual’s sleeping and waking times with related information, usually over a period of several weeks. The sleep diary, or sleep log, is a useful resource in the diagnosis and treatment of circadian rhythm sleep disorders, and in monitoring whether treatment of those and other sleep disorders is successful. We assist with your tracking and reporting in your sleep diary.
We also provide Sleep Titration Studies, Multiple Sleep Latency Testing and Maintenance of Wakefulness Tests. If you are interested in sleep testing, or feel like you may have a sleep related issue, please use the form below to contact us today!