At Excellhealth we are pleased to offer rapid COVID-19 (SARS-Cov_2) tests. Depending on the type of test, patients will receive a test result within 15-45 minutes of taking the test. Due to the CARES Act, COVID-19 testing is reimbursable by health insurance or the government if you are a self pay patient if you meet criteria.
Excellhealth is offering rapid covid-19 testing to the public. Our staff will collect nasal swab or finger prick (depending on the test method-subject to customer preference and supplies available), and It will be analyzed on site or sent to the lab based on type of test.
COVID-19 PCR Diagnostic Test – Self Pay Price $140
PCR test, this test requires a deep swab to the back of your nose to determine if you have an active coronavirus infection.
If you have symptoms or believe you have been exposed to COVID. Either our doctor can do a tele-visit video call and advise you of further action or you can contact your primary care provider.
If you have an upcoming procedure or surgery. There may be a requirement for all individuals to be tested for COVID before having a procedure or surgery. In most cases you must have the COVID test within two to five days of the date of your surgery or procedure. Your physician or surgeon’s office will provide you with detail as to when to have the test performed.
If you have a testing requirement for travel: this may not be covered by insurance.
COVID Antibody Test – $140
This is a simple blood test that detects specific proteins on the surface of the COVID virus, and usually determines if an individual has had a previous COVID infection. You will need your provider to order the test, some guidelines call for only testing patients who:
- Are being diagnosed or treated for Multi system inflammatory syndrome of children (MIS-C)
- Have fully recovered from COVID-19 and would like to donate convalescent plasma
- Previously had symptoms of COVID-19 but did not receive a test to learn if they were infected.
- We recommend that you wait at least 30 days past a COVID illness to ensure your body has built up enough antibodies for the test to detect.
- At this time most insuresare not covering the costs for the COVID antibody test that is performed solely for purposes of pandemic control and or epidemiologic tracking. Coverage is only available when the test is medically appropriate for the diagnosis and treatment of an individual.
COVID Diagnostic Test Plus Testing for Influenza A/B
Depending on your symptoms, your physician may order a test that will check not only for COVID, but also for flu and most insurers are currently paying for his testing because you have symptoms and your physician is indicating it is medically necessary through the test order.
Like other COVID PCR testing, it requires one deep swab to the back of your nose, which will then be used to test for COVID and flu.
Information You must Provide to be Tested
To comply with Kansas requirements and aid in contact tracing efforts, patients must provide additional information before a COVID-19 PCR or antibody test can be administered:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Employer Name
- Work Address
- Employer Phone Number
- Whether they work or volunteer in an elementary, secondary school, or post-secondary school, and the name of such school
- School patients attends (if applicable)
This data is vital to assist in contact tracing, and prevent outbreaks linked to places of work, especially when employees reside in different countries.
How to Register for a COVID-19 Rapid Test
Our goal is to keep the testing experience as touchless as possible, guarding the health of all people involved.
Select your test, schedule your appointment, prepay and register your information.
- Rapid Result COVID-19 Test (Antigen)-$100
- Test is administered via nasal swab
- Results usually within 30 minutes
- Recommended for employees, students and families
Rapid Result COVID-19 Test (PCR)-$140
- Test is administered via nasal swab
- Results usually within 45 minutes
- Required for international travelers
- PCR test is 100% accurate
When you arrive at your office, please stay in your car, call the office number 913-203-4040 to notify us of your arrival. Please have receipt of payment (paper print off or confirmation email on your phone) for the test and your ID to verify your information before continuing with the test.
Our medical assistant will administer your test while you remain in your vehicle to limit exposure to other patients.
Please wait in your car in our parking lot while your test is processing. You will be notified by our office either in person from our medical assistant, or a phone call.
Medical Care After Testing
Should you test positive for COVID-19 and need assistance in treatment, please contact your primary care provider. If you do not have a primary care provider. We are more than happy to care for you.
Simply sign up with our office staff and one of our providers will be happy to assist you with treatment.
Thank you for trusting excellheath with your honest and accurate test results.
- Referral not required
- Complete a quick questionnaire
- Go to testing location and remain in your vehicle while the window rolled up
- Show your confirmation email, a valid state ID or driver’s license, and insurance card or voucher